Zurich NA Construction Property Underwriting Manager II in Los Angeles, California
Construction Property Underwriting Manager II
Zurich is looking hire an experienced Construction Underwriting Manager in the West Region to oversee a $68M GWP and manage seven direct reports. You will ensure all procedures and strategies are implemented, concentrate resources to improve the balance of the portfolio and build new business pipelines with an emphasis on property. In this role, it is required to exercise strong leadership, coaching and mentoring skills in order to cultivate a positive team environment focused on production and profitability.
High Level Influencer Externally Focused - The job’s core deliverables rely on influencing or negotiating with external contacts on strategic impact matters. Relationships typically involve persuading or countering opposition, often with vendor representatives or senior management level customers.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 7 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area within the Commercial Insurance industry
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 14 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area within the Commercial Insurance industry
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 5 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area within the Commercial Insurance industry
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 12 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area within the Commercial Insurance industry
- 2 or more years of management experience
Advanced knowledge of construction product lines and insurance industry
Excellent communication skills
Excellent skills in relationship building
Strong presentation skills
Imagine working for a company that truly cares about their employees, customers, stakeholders, and communities they serve. Imagine working for a values-driven organization that has the ambition and desire to be the best global insurance provider in the world. Z
Zurich is that place where 55,000 employees across approximately 200 countries and territories are all focused on helping people and helping companies protect what is truly most important to them. We are a values-driven organization that takes pride in the work that we do every day and we have the ambition to be the best global insurer in the world.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
Primary Location: United States-Colorado-Denver
Other Locations: United States-California-Los Angeles
Travel Yes, 25 % of the Time
Relocation Available Yes
Job Posting 04/02/18
Unposting Date Ongoing
Req ID: 180002PK