Zurich NA Construction Underwriting Manager in Boston, Massachusetts
Construction Underwriting Manager
Zurich is looking to hire a Construction Underwriting Manager to oversee the East Region from our Boston office. You will manage a team of 9-10 production underwriters in this role and be tasked with implementing procedures and strategies, meeting profitability targets, and building new business pipelines in all construction lines of business including casualty, builders risk, professional liability and environmental. In addition you will expected to cultivate an engaging environment and coach underwriters to strengthen customer/broker relationships and assist with the training and development of the staff to ensure technical advancement.
High Level Influencer Externally Focused - The job’s core deliverables rely on influencing or negotiating with external contacts on strategic impact matters. Relationships typically involve persuading or countering opposition, often with vendor representatives or senior management level customers.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 7 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area within the Commercial Insurance industry
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 14 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area within the Commercial Insurance industry with an emphasis in construction
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 5 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area within the Commercial Insurance industry
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 12 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area within the Commercial Insurance industry
- 2 or more years of management experience
Advanced knowledge of product lines and insurance industry
Excellent communication skills
Excellent skills in relationship building
Strong presentation skills
Imagine working for a company that truly cares about their employees, customers, stakeholders, and communities they serve. Imagine working for a values-driven organization that has the ambition and desire to be the best global insurance provider in the world. Zurich is that place where 55,000 employees across approximately 200 countries and territories are all focused on helping people and helping companies protect what is truly most important to them. We are a values-driven organization that takes pride in the work that we do every day and we have the ambition to be the best global insurer in the world.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Travel Yes, 20 % of the Time
Relocation Available Yes
Job Posting 03/21/18
Unposting Date Ongoing
Req ID: 180002GS