Zurich NA National General Adjuster in United States
Zurich is looking for a National General Adjuster who will interact with Fortune 500 customers, inspecting, investigating and evaluating large loss commercial property insurance claims. Works with CEO's, CFO's, and attorneys to represent Zurich. Maintains regular contact with Sr. Claims Management at Zurich. Examines claims forms and other records to determine insurance coverage. Investigates and settles Commercial Property claims. Large loss insurance claims average $250,000 - $10,000,000 dollars. This position manages reserves of $250,000 - $10,000,000 dollars and uses various methods of investigation and negotiates settlement with insureds within prescribed limits and submits recommendations to supervisor on claims exceeding personal settlement authority.
This position can reside anywhere in the Mid-Atlantic States, the Southeast or Texas. The successful candidate will telecommute and could travel throughout the US, which includes CAT duty nationwide.
- Juris Doctor and 5 or more years of experience in in Commercial Property Claims
- Bachelors Degree and 6 or more years of experience in in Commercial Property Claims
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 8 or more years of experience in Commercial Property Claims
- Must obtain and maintain required adjuster license(s)
- Knowledge of the insurance industry, claims and the insurance legal and regulatory environment
- Knowledge of the legal statutes and procedures
- Knowledge and skill of claims handling
- Negotiation experience
- Customer service experience
- Experience with Microsoft
- Analytical skills
- Negotiation skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Organization and time management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Experience collaborating across work groups
Imagine working for a company that truly cares about their employees, customers, stakeholders, and communities they serve.
Imagine working for a values-driven organization that has the ambition and desire to be the best global insurance provider in the world.
Zurich is that place where 55,000 employees across approximately 200 countries and territories are all focused on helping people and helping companies protect what is truly most important to them. We are a values-driven organization that takes pride in the work that we do every day and we have the ambition to be the best global insurer in the world.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
Title: National General Adjuster
Location: United States
Requisition ID: 1700053R