Zurich NA Sourcing and Procurement Specialist in Schaumburg, Illinois
Zurich’s Sourcing and Procurement team in Schaumburg is growing. We are looking to add Sourcing and Procurement Professionals who have experience managing multiple contracting projects and sourcing deals in commodities such as Facilities Management, Information Technology, Consulting and HR/Benefits.
**Please note this position can be located in any Zurich office or virtual.
In this challenging role you will be responsible for:
- Managing procurement activities in support of business requirements with stakeholders
- Managing the elements of sourcing deals such as deal architecture and project management from initiation to completion
- Partnering with business stakeholders and various supporting departments to procure goods and services through contract negotiations
- Supporting a due diligence process that is designed to mitigate external supplier risk
- Working to contribute to the development and evolution of sourcing frameworks, processes and best practices and ensuring compliance and management of cost variables
The work our Sourcing and Procurement Team does significantly impacts the entire organization. If you are ambitious, enjoy working in a challenging and fast-moving environment and want to play a key role in helping Zurich achieve its business and operational goals, this might be a great fit for you.
- Bachelor's Degree and 6 or more years of experience in the Procurement areaOR
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 8 or more years of experience in the Procurement areaOR
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 6 or more years experience in the Procurement area
- Source to contract experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Legal Studies, or Supply Chain Management
- Vendor management experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Project Management skills
- Supply Chain experience
- CPM, CPSM, or PMP
Imagine working for a company that truly cares about their employees, customers, stakeholders, and communities they serve. Imagine working for a values-driven organization that has the ambition and desire to be the best global insurance provider in the world. Zurich is that place where 55,000 employees across approximately 200 countries and territories are all focused on helping people and helping companies protect what is truly most important to them. We are a values-driven organization that takes pride in the work that we do every day and we have the ambition to be the best global insurer in the world.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
**Title:** *Sourcing and Procurement Specialist*
**Requisition ID:** *1700055A*