Zurich NA Senior Data Scientist Manager in Schaumburg, Illinois
Zurich is looking for a Senior Data Scientist Manager to join our Predictive Analytics Team.
The team works together to solve business problems using predictive analytics.
The business problems are wide-ranging, such as predicting the likelihood of fire on a property, predicting crop yields, or predicting the likelihood of litigation.
The predictive analytic solutions include machine learning, decision trees, clustering, GLMs and neural networks built within our industry-leading data lake platform. The work environment rewards innovation, critical thinking and collaboration with stakeholders across the organization.
As a Senior Data Scientist Manager, you will:
Lead project teams to partner with the business to understand and solve strategic business challenges by applying advanced analytical techniques to complex data sets that deliver measurable financial results. This includes:
Finding internal and external, structured and unstructured data to use to solve the business problem
- Agile development of a predictive analytics solution using this data
- Working with the business to deploy the solution that will generate impact
Continued monitoring of the project to ensure the model continues to be predictive and to ensure effective execution
Manage a team of 5-8 data scientists, including mentoring, training, career guidance and performance and promotion evaluations.
- Contribute to Predictive Analytics as a member of the leadership team, which includes working on predictive analytics strategy, stakeholder management and leading team-wide initiatives such as training.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics/Statistics and 8 or more years of experience in the Predictive Analytics areaOR
- High School Diploma or Equivalent in Mathematics/Statistics and 12 or more years of experience in the Predictive Analytics areaAND
- Knowledge of statistical theory, including Generalized Linear Models and their applications in insurance
- SAS programming experience
- Advanced analytic problem solving skills, and experience in effectively solving business problems
- Knowledge of statistical and predictive modeling techniques, such as machine learning, decision trees, probability networks association rules, clustering, regression, GLMs and neural and their application to business decisions networks
- Experience applying data transformation techniques such as exact and probabilistic matching methods; fuzzy matching, text mining and data reduction
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, especially the ability to translate technical results for business audiences in a clear and concise manner.
- Experience with programming and data tools such as R, Python, SAS, MATLAB, SQL Server, Hadoop, Hive, Pig etc.
Imagine working for a company that truly cares about their employees, customers, stakeholders, and communities they serve.
Imagine working for a values-driven organization that has the ambition and desire to be the best global insurance provider in the world.
Zurich is that place where 55,000 employees across 200 countries and territories are all focused on helping people and helping companies protect what is truly most important to them. We are a values-driven organization that takes pride in the work that we do every day and we have the ambition to be the best global insurer in the world.
EOE Disability / Vets
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
Title: Senior Data Scientist Manager
Requisition ID: 1700054A