Zurich NA Senior Analytics Python Developer in Schaumburg, Illinois
Zurich is currently looking for a Senior Analytics Python Developer to work out of our North American head-quarters in Schaumburg, Illinois. You will be part of Analytic Architecture team within our Predictive Analytics Center of Excellence. This is your opportunity to join a new team tasked to drive data-driven decisions at ZNA. The key accountabilities for the Senior Analytics Developer include:
- To architect, design and build analytics-focused full-stack Python solutions
- Advocating and enforcing adoption of architecture standards, reusable code examples, and physical design best practices
- Development of Python using single page applications using React or Angular
- Assisting with the transfer of knowledge of python development skills in the enterprise
- Supporting a service oriented data architecture as required.
- Designing solutions that fit within the enterprise's larger data integration strategy or initiative
- Providing coaching and mentorship to junior members of the team
- Exercising strong communication, collaboration, and ownership of code and projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Mathematics/Statistics and 6 or more years of experience in the Data Engineering areaOR
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 8 or more years of experience in the Data Engineering areaAND
- 5 or more of experience in Enterprise Data Engineering using Hadoop technologies
- Proficiency in Python (minimum 3 years) or other relevant programming language like Ruby, Java, C , or Scala
- Experience and personal involvement in turning development code into production code that is deployed to end users
- Results-oriented, motivated individual with the ability to work with limited direction and with a sense of urgency
- Prior work with quantitative researchers and data scientists
- Ability to help transform scientific code in R or Python into production quality code
- Knowledge or experience in the Insurance or Financial industry
- Knowledge and experience with traditional and non-traditional database technology (SQL, Hadoop)
Imagine working for a company that truly cares about their employees, customers, stakeholders, and communities they serve.
Imagine working for a values-driven organization that has the ambition and desire to be the best global insurance provider in the world.
Zurich is that place where 55,000 employees across 200 countries and territories are all focused on helping people and helping companies protect what is truly most important to them. We are a values-driven organization that takes pride in the work that we do every day and we have the ambition to be the best global insurer in the world.
EOE Disability / Vets
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
Title: Senior Analytics Python Developer
Requisition ID: 170004R8