Zurich NA Guidewire Business Analyst--Commercial Insurance in Schaumburg, Illinois
Zurichis currently seeking a Guidewire Business Analyst for our Guidewire PolicyCenter implementation program to work as part of the Business Change &Information Technology team.
Thisindividual will be responsible to elicit and produce functional and systemlevel requirements for the Guidewire Policy Administration system working in anAgile environment supporting the design, construction and implementation phasesof the system. We are seeking an energetic and skilled professional whorequires minimal supervision, can lead/mentor other team members and isfamiliar with working in a Guidewire environment.
Thisposition will be located in Schaumburg, IL.
- Plans, conducts / facilitates workshops to elicitfunctional requirements from the Business and ensures deliverables are met
- Produces requirement specifications andoutline solution design documents throughout the project life cycle,incorporating change requests and finalization of requirements documentation
- Partner with Business, IT and vendor teams to ensure the delivered configuration/ product meets qualitystandards and business needs
- Advise business users on Guidewire features and capabilitiesto ensure that the system is used to best of its potential when migratingproducts to this platform
- Leverage existing Zurich’s business process, organizational andtechnology capabilities and be able to integrate Guidewire Policy Center to theZurich Application landscape
- Serve as a subject matter expert by remaining current onbusiness and industry trends relevant to Zurich’s core business
- Provides explanations and expertiseregarding as-is / to-be models as part of the requirements elicitation processi.e., process, data, work flow, application etc. to appropriate stake-holders
- Adapts and applies different deliverymethodologies including SCRUM, Waterfall and Zurich Lean determining the bestmethodology for the specific project
- Collaborates with projectmanager to build Business Case, including cost / benefit analysis, riskassessment, project scope and development of a high level plan
- Analyzes and manages requirement risk,traceability matrix and prioritizes requirements
- Participates in development of testplan, testing, implementation and training activities
- Participates in post implementationactivities including problem solving and measurement of benefits achieved; participatesin root cause analysis in case expected benefits are not achieved
Must be able to travel approximately 10-15% based on needs ofthe business.
- Bachelor’sDegree 6 or more years of experience in the Information Technology areaOR
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 8 or more years ofexperience in the Information Technology areaOR
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice, including an AssociateDegree with 6 or more years of experience in the Information Technology areaAND
- Experience with IT systems analysis
- Experiencewith Guidewire Policy center
- Experienceleading workstreams
- Knowledgeof process engineering
- Experiencewith core process redesign, continuous improvement methodologies
- Processmodeling tools
- BusinessSystems Integration
- Experiencewith Guidewire Policy center 8.0 or higher
- Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP)
- Knowledge of LEAN/Six Sigma and Yellow Belt or GreenbeltCertification
- Experience in key analytical role on large and complex enterpriseprojects
- Consulting experience
- Knowledge of commercial insurance industry business processes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with change management tools/methodologies
- Microsoft Office experience
- Experience working with collaborationtools that support agile development practices such as CA Agile Central (FormerlyRally)
Imagine working for a company that truly cares about their employees, customers, stakeholders, and communities they serve.
Imagine working for a values-driven organization that has the ambition and desire to be the best global insurance provider in the world.
Zurich is that place where 55,000 employees across approximately 200 countries and territories are all focused on helping people and helping companies protect what is truly most important to them. We are a values-driven organization that takes pride in the work that we do every day and we have the ambition to be the best global insurer in the world.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
**Title:** *Guidewire Business Analyst--Commercial Insurance*
**Requisition ID:** *170006WN*