Zurich NA Sr. Disability Case Manager III in Plantation, Florida
This is an amazing opportunity to work with one of the strongest global competitors in the insurance industry, starting a new business unit from the ground up. Through this agile and fast paced business launch, you'll have the opportunity to experience a once in a career opportunity to create a new Life, Disability and Absence Management organization with the latest technologies, industry leading experts, and a high performing culture at the center of this proposition.
Zurich has an open position for an experienced Sr. Disability Case Manager III to support business start-up work, and subsequent case management support for our Disability, Absence, & Life programs. This role includes effectively managing disability and absence claims for national and mid-market clients. Requirements include active participation and timely delivery of assigned projects that contribute to the overall department goals. Successful candidates are empathetic, service-oriented subject matter experts, who seek an opportunity to serve as an enthusiastic mentor.
Senior level claim professional to support Group Disability, Absence Management and Life claims organization.
• Bachelors Degree and 6 or more years of experience in the Claims area
• High School Diploma or Equivalent and 8 or more years of experience in the Claims area
• 10 or more years of direct line claims management experience
- Disability, Absence Management and/or Life claims experience
- Proficiency with windows based software applications
- Proven ability to navigate through multiple systems and applications
- Proficiency with Microsoft office suite of products including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Proficiency in keyboarding skills
- Applies claims and target market knowledge to identify how the organization can meet customer claim service needs
- Contributes to profitability by effectively implementing Claims Best Practices to manage loss payments and claim expenses to financial results
- Works cooperatively across functions to ensure coordination of services and sharing of best practices
- Manage relationship with key customer/area of responsibility
- As needs arise, use network of contacts and specialized expertise
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Acts as mentor and subject matter expert
- Adheres to all compliance/regulatory requirements
- Anticipate, recognize and respond to needs of customers
- Support implementation of customer initiatives
- Resolve technical problems by referring to policies, procedures, specifications
- Compare alternatives for solving problems, or improving procedures or products and provide recommendations
- Provide technical expertise for short-term, defined scope projects
- Model behaviors that demonstrate commitment to corporate values
- Participate fully as a team member and contribute to the improved performance of the team
- Expand knowledge and exchange it with team members and business partners
- Take action to manage own personal development
Imagine working for a company that truly cares about their employees, customers, stakeholders, and communities they serve.
Imagine working for a values-driven organization that has the ambition and desire to be the best global insurance provider in the world.
Zurich is that place where 55,000 employees across 200 countries and territories are all focused on helping people and helping companies protect what is truly most important to them. We are a values-driven organization that takes pride in the work that we do every day and we have the ambition to be the best global insurer in the world.
EOE Disability / Vets
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
**Title:** *Sr. Disability Case Manager III*
**Requisition ID:** *170006A7*