Zurich NA Head of Architecture in Plantation, Florida
We're building a team of creative technology professionals who work on projects for our business start-up within Zurich North America, a stable, innovative, employee-focused company with over 140 years of experience. Roles for this dynamic team will include: Technical Lead, Architects, Development Manager, Test Lead, Salesforce Administrator, Thunderhead Administrator, and Salesforce Developers. Fast paced projects within this Group Life and Absence Management Solutions team will range from brand new development to improving what is already in place. While working in our Agile environment with critical deadlines, you can have the opportunity to positively affect the Insurance industry with your creative ideas, code-savvy ways, and commitment to help us deliver flawless solutions to our customers. Your enthusiasm, technical abilities, business acumen and excellent presentation skills will not go unnoticed, and career path opportunities will be a focus. We are seeking passionate individuals to be a part of this engaged, collaborative group to ensure that our goals, missions and projects are successfully delivered. As a Manager or Lead, not only will you guide the way but you will be hands on with the effort. Our Engineers will be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to tackle new challenges as we continue to push technology forward. And our Testing team will be thinking of ways to influence and improve testing practices and processes. We are looking for the best talent in the industry regardless of location, and are even open to virtual work situations. We currently have talent across the country with our core team in Plantation, FL and others located in Hartford, CT; Portland, ME and Overland Park, KS.
Leads a team of technical and functional leads and solution architects engaged in projects that support global and/or regional strategic and operational priorities. Accountable for the teams' delivery of technology based solutions that provide measurable improvements to the business, including the development of strategic documents inclusive of development of decision frameworks for technology selection, roadmaps, detailed architecture, design, detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports. Is a trusted advisor to the team and to regional business leaders; establishes and maintains relationships across the business including project sponsors and stakeholders. Provides methodologies and tools to sponsors and team members to support initiatives and institutionalize a culture that embraces project execution and change. May act as project manager for enterprise-wide initiatives.
• Bachelors Degree and 8 or more years of experience in the Business In Insurance, Operations Training and/or Change Management area
• High School Diploma or Equivalent and 10 or more years of experience in the Business In Insurance, Operations Training and/or Change Management area
• 3 or more years managing a team of people
• Enterprise-wide project management experience
- Proven experience and strong expertise implementing Salesforce platforms in a large corporate setting
- Group Life and/or Disability Products
- Deep understanding of cloud computing and/or web-based solutions and technologies
- Experience working in a Scrum/Agile environment and solid foundation in software development practices
- Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong project management skills and experience managing large scale projects
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to adjust message to varying levels of audience (entry-level to senior leaders)
- 3 or more years of people development experienceStrong project management skills and experience managing large scale projectsStrong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to adjust message to varying levels of audience (entry-level to senior leaders)3 or more years of people development experience
- Project Management Institute Project Management Professional Certification
- Works well managing multiple priorities and tight deadlines
- Change Management and training experienceWorks well managing multiple priorities and tight deadlinesChange Management and training experience
- Experience delivering and supporting highly critical business applications in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Ability to work independently and be self-accountable to deliver a high level of performance
- Strong communication skills that can be effective working in person as well as in remote situations
- Desire to work in a diverse environment interacting with many roles and teams made up of passionate industry experts working towards a common goal
- Interest in developing professional skillset and desire to network through participation in technology user groups, networking events, and technology organizations
- Ensure alignment of ZURICH enterprise architecture to ZURICH business strategy
- Interface with ZURICH-IT and to participate in creating program solutions and technical plans
- Work with and provide enterprise- & solution-level guidance to solution developers both internal and supplier; Develop, review & approve solution architecture in alignment with standards, patterns, and practices
- Create and maintain enterprise wide IT architecture vision, responsible for defining IT technical strategies and roadmaps, and providing views of the systems in the context of the vision and roadmaps
- Maintain knowledge of enterprise architect, standards, practices, and governance processes, and consistently applies these standards
- Develop and maintain cross system architecture models, views, and documentation (service catalogs, technical inventories, system landscapes, etc.)
- Support business leads to align business systems strategy with IT technologies and future solutions.
- Investigate and propose technology strategies that can better support ZURICH and business strategies
- Set standards/guidance for regulatory compliance, technology use policy, systems security, and best practices
- Identifies existing system and software assets for new opportunities (e.g., re-use) through project and program involvement. Collaborates with innovation initiatives, and provides industry knowledge
- Develop and maintain relationships with ZURICH business and technical staff, and Zurich key points of contact, and leadership to strengthen cross region views and align strategies
Technology Buzz words:
Salesforce.com, Apex, Lightning, VisualForce, SQL Server, Informatica, Mulesoft, Thunderhead, SMS Magic, Bitbucket, Bamboo, JIRA, Confluence, DevOps
Imagine working for a company that truly cares about their employees, customers, stakeholders, and communities they serve.
Imagine working for a values-driven organization that has the ambition and desire to be the best global insurance provider in the world.
Zurich is that place where 55,000 employees across approximately 200 countries and territories are all focused on helping people and helping companies protect what is truly most important to them. We are a values-driven organization that takes pride in the work that we do every day and we have the ambition to be the best global insurer in the world.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
Title: Head of Architecture
Requisition ID: 17000566
Other Locations: United States-Florida-Virtual, United States-Connecticut-Rocky Hill, United States-District of Columbia-Virtual