Zurich NA Underwriter II in Overland Park, Kansas
Zurich Insurance has a great opportunity available in our Overland Park or Omaha offices for an Underwriter II within our Direct Markets team. The role will focus on Property and Casualty lines of business with a focus on Auto, Truck and Motorcycle dealerships and work closely with our Direct Markets Sales team.
• Administering and monitoring underwriting rules and guidelines, insurance laws and regulations and rating manual rules
• Identify and calculate the potential risk of loss from policyholders while establishing appropriate premium rates following Zurich guidelines
• Underwriting and analyzing new and renewal business, utilizing the Zurich Way of underwriting framework and within delegated, authority levels on assignment of higher technical complexity and coordination
• Developing and maintaining relationships in support of business retention and acquisition and working directly with customers to determine their insurance related needs and provide solutions
• Collaborate with Line of Business representatives on referrals and other items
Client Externally Focused - The job’s core deliverables rely on delivering service to external clients and/or customers. Typically involves building relationships and promoting the company.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent and 3 or more years of Underwriting or Related Insurance experience (e.g. Claims, Premium Audit, Insurance Operations)
• Zurich approved Apprenticeship program including an Associate Degree and 1 or more years of experience in the Insurance area
• Experience with time restraints for quotes on new and renewal business
• Experience with Microsoft Office
• Bachelors Degree with 2 or more years of Underwriting or insurance industry experience
• Technical underwriting knowledge and skills reflective of progression of positions of increasing responsibility
• Excellent communication skills
• In-depth knowledge of line/s of business and the legal and regulatory guidelines
• Basic knowledge of insurance underwriting and regulations for assigned territories
• Ability to effectively assess risk
• Strong knowledge of underwriting philosophy, techniques, national/local filing, regulations and guidelines
• Knowledge of time restraints for quotes on new and renewal business
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Microsoft Office skills
Imagine working for a company that truly cares about their employees, customers, stakeholders, and communities they serve. Imagine working for a values-driven organization that has the ambition and desire to be the best global insurance provider in the world. Zurich is that place where 55,000 employees across approximately 200 countries and territories are all focused on helping people and helping companies protect what is truly most important to them. We are a values-driven organization that takes pride in the work that we do every day and we have the ambition to be the best global insurer in the world.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
Title: Underwriter II
Location: Kansas-Overland Park
Requisition ID: 170004OI