Zurich NA Senior Large Casualty Underwriter III in New York, New York
Zurich is currently looking for a Senior Large Casualty Underwriter III for our Commercial Insurance team in New York. (Will also consider Philadelphia, PA)
This Senior Large Casualty Underwriter III willanalyze and underwrite highly complex new and renewal business, under minimal direction, utilizing The Zurich Way of Underwriting Framework as a subject matter expert, ensuring a high level service to customers.The Senior Large Casualty Underwriter III will need a strong casualty background with experience handling large loss sensitive program structures with the ability to manage a book between $20-$25M. This role requires a strong technical and sales execution mindset.
Client Externally Focused - The job’s core deliverables rely on delivering service to external clients and/or customers. Typically involves building relationships and promoting the company.
OurSenior Large Casualty Underwriter III is responsible for:
• Proactively seek renewal and new account opportunities.
• Complete detailed opportunity assessment with key distributors to identify growth opportunities.
• Qualify accounts to meet with the organization's appetite, balanced with sound business opportunity.
• Make agent/broker/customer and on-sight calls with a planned and well-prepared purpose.
• Negotiate Terms & Conditions and close deals.
• Cross-Sell other lines of business to increase product density with the account.
• Participate in Sales Team meeting as related to assigned brokers and / or territory.
• Proactively engage in the target account process, managing a qualified list of opportunities 90 to 120 days prior to effective date.
• Develop strong broker and client networks as related to industries underwritten by Business Unit.
• Calculate Target Price accurately by utilizing underwriting tools appropriately.
• Measure exposure/analyze risk.
• Initiate product development idea.
• Assist in training and developing staff.
• Provide expertise on coverage issues with claims programs and guidelines.
• Approve/place facultative purchases
• Investigate, recommend and implement leading edge technical solutions when they meet customer needs
• Business Travel, as required up to 25%
• High School Diploma or Equivalent and 5 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area
• High School Diploma or Equivalent and 10 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
• Zurich approved Apprenticeship program including an Associate Degree and 3 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area
• Zurich approved Apprenticeship program including an Associate Degree and 8 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Experience working on time restraints for quotes on new and renewal business
• Experience working in a team environment
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Advanced knowledge and practice of Casualty line of business, including loss sensitive accounts
- Strong knowledge of underwriting philosophy, techniques, national/local filing regulations and guidelines
- Ability to effectively assess risk
- Ability to work in a team-based environment
- Knowledge of time restraints for quotes on new and renewal business
- Strong presentation skills
Imagine working for a company that truly cares about their employees, customers, stakeholders, and communities they serve.
Imagine working for a values-driven organization that has the ambition and desire to be the best global insurance provider in the world.
Zurich is that place where 55,000 employees across approximately 200 countries and territories are all focused on helping people and helping companies protect what is truly most important to them. We are a values-driven organization that takes pride in the work that we do every day and we have the ambition to be the best global insurer in the world.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
**Title:** *Senior Large Casualty Underwriter III*
**Location:** *New York-New York*
**Other Locations:** *United States-Pennsylvania-Philadelphia*
**Requisition ID:** *170006S3*