Zurich NA Regional Property Leader, East Region in New York, New York
Zurich North America is currently looking for an experienced Regional Property Leader for our East Region. This position will be located in our New York Office. The Regional Property Leader will develop and drive the overall success of the Property business unit in the East Region. This is a critical position in driving and cultivating broker relationships and developing the local underwriting talent. We are looking for a Leader that will exercise strong technical underwriting knowledge while managing a team of managers and production underwriters. This role requires an influential approach to business relationships and oversight on strategic underwriting practices.
High Level Influencer Externally Focused - The job’s core deliverables rely on influencing or negotiating with external contacts on strategic impact matters. Relationships typically involve persuading or countering opposition, often with vendor representatives or senior management level customers.
The Regional Property Leader is responsible for:
- Establishing key performance targets and financial budgets for underwriting unit in order to optimize business performance in line with set objectives.
- Developing a team of Underwriters and Underwriting Managers.
- Develop processes and review policies relevant to underwriting to ensure they are in line with strategic business objectives.
- Manage relationships with key internal stakeholders in order to identify opportunities for service improvement to ensure commercial viability and customer satisfaction.
- Participate in leadership team meetings of assigned area to provide specialist guidance and enable the implementation of policies, projects and change initiatives to produce profitable results.
- Contribute to the business strategy to align underwriting strategy with wider business goals.
- Participate in the community of global/regional proposition development practitioners in underwriting to share best practice and continue to meet customer´s needs.
- Oversee development plans for underwriters to ensure the capability exists to drive business results.
- Underwrite and analyze new and renewal business within delegated authority levels.
- Recommend and implement action plans after reviewing agency books of business and profit/growth results and trends.
- Develop and maintain relationships with distributors (agents and brokers) in support of business retention and new business and work with customers and distributors (agents & brokers) to determine their insurance-related needs and provide solutions.
- Support the organization's sales culture by being a Help Point for agents, brokers, and customers.
- Assure development and implementation of policy, procedures and standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 9 or more years of experience in risk management or underwriting from the carrier or brokerage side OR general market facing experience within the commercial insurance industryAND
- 2 or more years of management experience
- Excellent managerial, team building and organizational skills
- Experience mentoring and developing Underwriters and Underwriting Managers a team and help them develop strong broker and client networks
- Exceptional relationship building skills
- Advanced and in-depth knowledge of products and Property lines of business
- Strong presentation, leadership and negotiation skills
- Ability to interact with the C-Suite
- Knowledge in risk selection and assessment
- Ability to manage complex portfolios
- Technical knowledge of insurance property business and operations and processes
- Knowledge of loss trends, triangles and ratemaking
- Superior skills in relationship building, active listening, needs analysis, and win-win negotiating
Imagine working for a company that truly cares about their employees, customers, stakeholders, and communities they serve.
Imagine working for a values-driven organization that has the ambition and desire to be the best global insurance provider in the world.
Zurich is that place where 55,000 employees across approximately 200 countries and territories are all focused on helping people and helping companies protect what is truly most important to them. We are a values-driven organization that takes pride in the work that we do every day and we have the ambition to be the best global insurer in the world.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
**Title:** *Regional Property Leader, East Region*
**Location:** *New York-New York*
**Requisition ID:** *170007MF*