Zurich NA Middle Makets Underwriter II in Minneapolis, Minnesota
Zurich is currently looking for a Middle Markets Underwriter II for our team in Minneapolis! As a member of Zurich's Underwriting Team, you will enjoy the opportunity to fully apply and hone your underwriting and marketing skills. Specifically, you will underwrite and analyze new and renewal middle markets property and casualty accounts across a variety of industries. This is a market facing position and you will work with all classes of businessutilizing The Zurich Way of Underwriting Framework.
Middle Markets Underwriter II will:
- Analyze and underwrite new and renewal business
- Underwrite within delegated authority levels on assignments of moderate technical complexity ensuring a high level service to customers.
Client Externally Focused - The job’s core deliverables rely on delivering service to external clients and/or customers. Typically involves building relationships and promoting the company.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 3 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or market facing areaOR
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 6 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support areaAND
- Zurich approved Apprenticeship program including an Associate Degree and 1 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing areaOR
- Zurich approved Apprenticeship program including an Associate Degree and 4 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
- Bachelor’s Degree with 3 or more years of experience in commercial Middle Markets Underwriting
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Microsoft Office skills
- Knowledge of line/s of business and the legal and regulatory guidelines
- Knowledge of time restraints for quotes on new and renewal business
Imagine working for a company that truly cares about their employees, customers, stakeholders, and communities they serve.
Imagine working for a values-driven organization that has the ambition and desire to be the best global insurance provider in the world.
Zurich is that place where 55,000 employees across approximately 200 countries and territories are all focused on helping people and helping companies protect what is truly most important to them. We are a values-driven organization that takes pride in the work that we do every day and we have the ambition to be the best global insurer in the world.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
**Title:** *Middle Makets Underwriter II*
**Requisition ID:** *170006LS*