Zurich NA Senior Construction Underwriter- Builder's Risk in Houston, Texas
Zurich is currently looking for an experienced Senior Construction Underwriter to support the Builder’s Risk book in the Energy segment out of our Houston office. The Senior Construction Underwriter will cover the following territory: TX, OK, LA and AL. As a member of Zurich's Underwriting Team, you will enjoy the opportunity to fully apply and hone your underwriting and marketing skills. Specifically, you will underwrite and analyze new and renewal large property builder’s risk accounts with an emphasis on the Energy segment. This is a market facing position and you will work within broad limits and authority on highly complex accounts.
Client Externally Focused - The job’s core deliverables rely on delivering service to external clients and/or customers. Typically involves building relationships and promoting the company.
Our Senior Construction Underwriter is responsible for:
- Underwriting, analyzing and generating multi- line new and renewal business
- Market facing and production within the Construction Division
- Administering and monitoring underwriting rules and guidelines, insurance laws and regulations and rating manual rules
- Developing and maintaining agency and broker relationships within territory scope of TX, OK, LA and AL
- Working within broad limits and authorities on highly complex assignments
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 5 or more years of experience in commercial underwriting or market facing areaOR
- High School Diploma or equivalent and 10 or more years of experience in the claims or underwriting support areaOR
- Zurich approved Apprenticeship program including an Associate Degree and 3 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing areaOR
- Zurich approved Apprenticeship program including an Associate Degree and 8 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience working on time restraints for quotes on new and renewal business
- Experience working in a team environment
- Bachelor’s Degree
- In-depth knowledge of the South region marketplace
- Builders Risk and large property underwriting experience with emphasis on Energy segment
- Ability to effectively assess risk
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong broker relationships
- Superior skills in relationship building, active listening, needs analysis, and win-win negotiatingPossess knowledge of time restraints for quotes on new and renewal business
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of underwriting philosophy, techniques, national/local filing regulations and guidelines
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and skills reflective of progression of positions of increasing responsibility
- PC and related software skills
- CPCU and ARM a plus
Imagine working for a company that truly cares about their employees, customers, stakeholders, and communities they serve.
Imagine working for a values-driven organization that has the ambition and desire to be the best global insurance provider in the world.
Zurich is that place where 55,000 employees across approximately 200 countries and territories are all focused on helping people and helping companies protect what is truly most important to them. We are a values-driven organization that takes pride in the work that we do every day and we have the ambition to be the best global insurer in the world.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
Title: Senior Construction Underwriter- Builder's Risk
Requisition ID: 170005DS