Zurich NA RCIS Crop Adjuster in Findlay, Ohio
Join one of the leaders in the crop insurance industry as an Adjuster!
RCIS provides insurance and superior services through leading agents to protect America’s farmers and ranchers. It’s been an innovator in crop insurance since the crop insurance business was privatized by the federal government in 1980. Today it’s one of the nation’s largest crop insurance providers, offering risk management protection in all 50 states through a national network of about 4,000 professionally trained and licensed agents.
This is a great opportunity to serve the agricultural community. As a Crop Adjuster, your primary accountabilities will include:
- Complete field inspections and related responsibilities such as reading maps and aerial photos, measuring field and storage bins, and discussing findings of crop loss with farmers
- Perform fact finding regarding crop damage; record information and transmit loss information to accurately determine potential damages
- Provide excellent service to our customers – both agents and policyholders (farmers)
- Utilize company software to electronically transmit claims information directly from the field to RCIS to ensure claims are processed timely and accurately
- Follow regulatory and company rules, policies and procedures
You will work out of a home office. The territory of coverage includes primarily Wood County with areas such as Findlay and Toledo and into Northwest Ohio. You will be expected to travel approximately 50% of the time to cover the territory.
Benefits of being a Crop Adjuster with RCIS include:
- Work outdoors
- Dress casually – wear jeans to work every day!
- Work with state-of-the-art technology
- Work independently; crop adjuster’s office out of their homes
- Classroom and on-the-job training provided
- Opportunity to earn Overtime and Travel Incentive pay (based on business need)
- Opportunity to travel & work nationally on a voluntary basis
Career Opportunities – the knowledge and experience gained as a crop adjuster provide opportunity to advance into other positions with RCIS such as claims management, field service/sales, and training
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 6 or more months of experience in the agricultural area
- Crop Adjuster Proficiency Program Certification (CAPP) must be obtained within 180 days of hire date.
- Reliable personal transportation and travel within territory
- Walk in agricultural fields up to 3 miles
- Climb agricultural storage bins up to 25 feet
- Lift 25 lbs. to 50 lbs.
- Work outdoors in varying temperatures/weather conditions
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organization and prioritization skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
Imagine working for a company that truly cares about their employees, customers, stakeholders, and communities they serve.
Imagine working for a values-driven organization that has the ambition and desire to be the best global insurance provider in the world.
Zurich is that place where 55,000 employees across approximately 200 countries and territories are all focused on helping people and helping companies protect what is truly most important to them. We are a values-driven organization that takes pride in the work that we do every day and we have the ambition to be the best global insurer in the world.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
**Title:** *RCIS Crop Adjuster*
**Other Locations:** *United States-Ohio-Toledo, United States-Ohio-Virtual*
**Requisition ID:** *170006A5*