Zurich NA Underwriting Associate I in Dallas, Texas
Zurich is currently hiring an Underwriting Associate Ito join the Underwriting Support & Services team in Addison (Dallas), TX! This Underwriting Associate will support our Middle Market Property team and work closely with experienced Underwriters in Dallas and Houston in the review and analysis of risks. Exceptional organizational and multi-tasking abilities are required in this position.
The Underwriting Associate I is charged with a variety of tasks including:
- Working collaboratively with Zurich’s rating team.
- Communicating directly with brokers via phone and email.
- Evaluating exposures/controls, evaluating loss history and assessing financial condition, for moderately complex business including multi-national/local or specialty policies.
- Issuing endorsements and handling billing issues.
Underwriting Associates may be expected to attend a 4-week training class in Schaumburg, IL (November 13 – December 14). Zurich North America will reimburse attendees for costs associated with the training class, including the option to fly home each weekend or remain in Schaumburg each weekend.
Client Internally Focused - The job’s core deliverables rely on delivering service to internal clients, usually at the line manager or employee level. May involve sharing subject matter expertise to others in the organization or supporting others in their efforts to deliver on our promise.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• High School Diploma or Equivalent and 2 or more years of experience in the Administrative or Customer Service or Data Entry or Financial Services or Risk Management area
• Travel for training and throughout the year is required
• Underwriting/underwriting operations, claims, risk management or premium audit experience
• Experience with data collection and analysis
• Excellent customer service orientation and communication skills
• In-depth knowledge of processing, rating and policy issuance systems
• Detail oriented
Imagine working for a company that truly cares about their employees, customers, stakeholders, and communities they serve.
Imagine working for a values-driven organization that has the ambition and desire to be the best global insurance provider in the world.
Zurich is that place where 55,000 employees across approximately 200 countries and territories are all focused on helping people and helping companies protect what is truly most important to them. We are a values-driven organization that takes pride in the work that we do every day and we have the ambition to be the best global insurer in the world.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
**Title:** *Underwriting Associate I*
**Requisition ID:** *17000640*