Zurich NA Liability Trial Attorney in Boston, Massachusetts
We are looking to add an experienced Trial Attorney to our Boston Staff Legal Office. This candidate will be working for the Law Firm of Engelberg & Bratcher.
This Trial Attorney will be responsible for representing the commercial insureds of a prestigious and financially stable commercial insurance carrier, by preparing and trying moderate to high exposure General Liability cases from a challenging and varied caseload.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a well-respected organization and represent its insureds in all phases of litigation, while being part of a high-performing, team oriented law office. The ideal candidate will be able to engage in the practice of law, at all times in compliance with the ethical standards as established by the national/local area of practice.
He/She will perform duties encompassing all aspects of insurance defense, including initial investigation and legal analysis and advice, preparing and filing legal pleadings and documents, performing legal research, preparing for and conducting pre-trial discovery, preparing for and aggressively handling hearing and trials, and conducting post-trial activities where appropriate. We look for demonstrated case analysis ability and a track record of proven trial and negotiation skills, along with the ability to work independently and without substantial supervision.
If you are looking for a world class, forward thinking team environment that provides you with the tools to achieve your goals, visit our Career Center at www.zurichna.com.
- Juris Doctor and 5 or more years of experience in Liability Defense Litigation AND
- Member of the Massachusetts State Bar in good standing
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Adobe
- Experience working with Lexis or Westlaw
- Knowledge of the insurance industry, claims and the insurance defense litigation legal environment
- Knowledge of the law and procedure
- Experience with insurance industry claims and general commercial litigation, including but not limited to wrongful death, commercial motor vehicle torts, products and premises liability, personal injury, employment liability. Insurance defense experience preferred, and staff counsel experience beneficial.
- Member of the New Hampshire State Bar in good standing
- Must be well organized with good analytical skills, excellent oral and written communication skills, proactive approach to file handling and caseloads, and able to work independently as well as within a team environment.
- Demonstrates effective negotiating skills.
- Ability to budget costs and calculate exposure for clients.
- Efficient work habits, knowledge of billables and diary review with substantive and procedural legal knowledge.
- Understands the staff counsel function and role in overall business.
Imagine working for a company that truly cares about their employees, customers, stakeholders, and communities they serve.
Imagine working for a values-driven organization that has the ambition and desire to be the best global insurance provider in the world.
Zurich is that place where 55,000 employees across approximately 200 countries and territories are all focused on helping people and helping companies protect what is truly most important to them. We are a values-driven organization that takes pride in the work that we do every day and we have the ambition to be the best global insurer in the world.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
**Title:** *Liability Trial Attorney*
**Requisition ID:** *170006Q7*