Zurich NA Sr Underwriting Associate in Atlanta, Georgia
Zurich is currently hiring a Senior Underwriting Associate to jointhe Underwriting Support & Services team in Atlanta! The SeniorUnderwriting Associate will support the casualty team and work closely withexperienced Underwriters in the Atlanta office in the review and analysis of casualtyrisks. Exceptional organizational and multi-tasking abilities are required inthis position.
The Senior Underwriting Associate is charged with a variety oftasks including:
- Working collaboratively with Zurich’s rating team.
- Communicating directly with brokers via phone and email.
- Evaluating exposures/controls, evaluating loss history and assessing financial condition, for moderately complex business including multi-national/local or specialty policies.
- Issuing endorsements and handling billing issues.
Underwriting Associates may be expected to attend a 4-weektraining class in Schaumburg, IL (November 13-17, November 27-December 15). Zurich North America will reimburse attendees for costs associated with thetraining class, including the option to fly home each weekend or remain inSchaumburg each weekend.
Client Internally Focused - The job’s core deliverables rely ondelivering service to internal clients, usually at the line manager or employeelevel. May involve sharing subject matter expertise to others in theorganization or supporting others in their efforts to deliver on ourpromise.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• High School Diploma or Equivalent and 3 or more years of experience in theAdministrative or Customer Service or Data Entry or Financial Services or RiskManagement area
• Some travel may be required
• Bachelor’s Degree in Economics or Risk Management
• Underwriting/underwriting operations, claims, risk management orpremium audit experience within workers compensation, general liability and/orauto
• Experience with data collection and analysis
• Excellent customer service orientation and communication skills
• In-depth knowledge of processing, rating and policy issuance systems
• Detail oriented
Imagine working for a company that truly cares about their employees, customers, stakeholders, and communities they serve. Imagine working for a values-driven organization that has the ambition and desire to be the best global insurance provider in the world. Zurich is that place where 55,000 employees across approximately 200 countries and territories are all focused on helping people and helping companies protect what is truly most important to them. We are a values-driven organization that takes pride in the work that we do every day and we have the ambition to be the best global insurer in the world.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
**Title:** *Sr Underwriting Associate*
**Requisition ID:** *170006LZ*