Zurich NA AVP/Territory Lead, Excess Casualty, Atlanta in Atlanta, Georgia
Zurich Insurance is currently looking for an AVP/Territory Lead with Excess Casualty experience for our Specialties Division in our Atlanta Office. We are looking for someone with strong leadership skills that is interested in moving into a management role and can drive our market management strategy and be a mentor/trainer to a team of Underwriters. This position develops influencing and team-building skills with a focus on sales execution, supports remote territory growth of Specialty Products Umbrella and promotes the management of “spans and layers”
Client Externally Focused - The job’s core deliverables rely on delivering service to external clients and/or customers. Typically involves building relationships and promoting the company.
Our AVP/Territory Lead is responsible for:
- Guiding an underwriting unit comprised of maximum of 4 Underwriting team members
- Handles an individual book of business and oversees the Underwriters book of business
- Supports Zurich Sales Execution and Solicited Business initiatives by driving both processes through regular underwriting pipeline and one-on-one meetings, effectively utilizing account lists and underwriting desktop, Coaching underwriters in sales competencies and attending broker marketing calls and client meetings with the underwriters
- Work with underwriters to develop and maintain relationships with agents and brokers in support of business retention and acquisition, work to determine their insurance-related needs and provide solutions
- Participate in local D & RM meetings
- Develop, maintain and collaborate on referrals within the Profit Center
- Provide input into mid-year and year-end performance evaluations of underwriters
- Manage file reviews
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 7 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing areaOR
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 14 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support areaOR
- Zurich approved Apprenticeship program including an Associate Degree and 3 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing areaOR
- Zurich approved Apprenticeship program including an Associate Degree and 5 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
- Zurich approved Apprenticeship program including an Associate Degree and 12 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support areaAND
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience working on time restraints for quotes on new and renewal business
- Experience with Excess Casualty lines of business
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong knowledge of Excess Casualty lines of business.
- Strong Broker relationships
- Ability to effectively assess risk
- Strong negotiation skills
- Superior skills in relationship building, active listening, needs analysis, and win-win negotiation
- Possess a high level of customer service by meeting or exceeding broker and or customer expectations with respect to required deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of underwriting philosophy, techniques, national/local filing regulations and guidelines
Imagine working for a company that truly cares about their employees, customers, stakeholders, and communities they serve.
Imagine working for a values-driven organization that has the ambition and desire to be the best global insurance provider in the world.
Zurich is that place where 55,000 employees across approximately 200 countries and territories are all focused on helping people and helping companies protect what is truly most important to them. We are a values-driven organization that takes pride in the work that we do every day and we have the ambition to be the best global insurer in the world.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
Title: AVP/Territory Lead, Excess Casualty, Atlanta
Requisition ID: 170005FR