Zurich NA Head of Sales & Service in Anoka, Minnesota
We are currently looking for an experienced Executive/Head of Sales to provide strategic leadership for our RCIS Crop division. The Head of Sales will manage a team of 10 individuals and the distribution of our products and services nationally. They will have a high-level focus on core deliverables and delivering our full value proposition. The successful individual will be adept at using subject matter expertise to address advanced, high-level questions and issues in order to deliver our financial goals and will be expected to interact with senior level executives, customers, and agents.
RCIS provides insurance and superior services through leading agents to protect America’s farmers and ranchers. It’s been an innovator in crop insurance since the crop insurance business was privatized by the federal government in 1980. Today it’s one of the nation’s largest crop insurance providers, offering risk management protection in all 50 states through a national network of about 4,000 professionally trained and licensed agents.
- Drives our strategies for all RCIS units
- Monitors performance as it relates to financial performance, including but not limited to growth, retention, pipeline management, product density, and profitability for business units and assigned customers
- Monitors pricing trends against loss trends, plans targets, and is responsible for working with regional underwriting managers to develop strategies to achieve pricing targets
- Ensures the optimal deployment of resources as they drive the execution of the financial and operation plan
- Establish and agree key performance targets and financial budgets for work unit in order to optimize business performance in line with set objectives
- Lead the implementation of complex projects
- Design and lead specific initiatives to instill a customer and sales culture within the business, to drive business improvement and growth
- Educate and influence senior colleagues to enable the execution of all relevant policies and governance processes to ensure that the business is not exposed to undue risk
- Build and manage relationships with key senior internal stakeholders, and use insights from customers / distributors, in order to identify opportunities for service improvement to ensure commercial viability and customer satisfaction
- Participate in leadership team meetings of assigned area to provide specialist guidance and enable the implementation of policy, projects, and change initiatives
- Lead capability development activities in a channel or customer segment(s)
- Design and build targeted growth opportunities across multiple business units, working with key local stakeholders to support them in driving growth for the business
- Manage a team of 10 at a variety of levels
- Execute distribution strategy Nationally
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10 or more years of experience in the Business Development and Distribution area
- Commercial insurance industry experience
- 5 or more years leadership roles and management roles
- Strong Agribusiness background
- Strong knowledge of Crop Insurance
- In depth knowledge of the market participants, practices and products
- Ability to effectively align resources with business opportunity and develop staff
- Sales and Marketing knowledge and expertise
- Demonstrated knowledge, skill, and expertise in order to achieve retention and new business goals.
- Demonstrated use of analytics to drive performance, strategy, and decision making
Imagine working for a company that truly cares about their employees, customers, stakeholders, and communities they serve.
Imagine working for a values-driven organization that has the ambition and desire to be the best global insurance provider in the world.
Zurich is that place where 55,000 employees across approximately 200 countries and territories are all focused on helping people and helping companies protect what is truly most important to them. We are a values-driven organization that takes pride in the work that we do every day and we have the ambition to be the best global insurer in the world.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
**Title:** *Head of Sales & Service*
**Requisition ID:** *170006ZE*